National Online Dialogue on the Passenger Ferry Grant Program
- How should FTA prioritize between projects in urbanized areas that meet the eligibility of Section 5307(a)(1)? Eligible projects include:
- capital projects including ferries and terminals;
- job access and reverse commute projects; and
- operating costs (in areas under 200,000 in population).
- What capital expenses should be eligible and how should they be prioritized? Examples: preventive maintenance, rehabilitation, expansion projects.
- What kinds of ferry services should receive consideration for federal funding and how should FTA prioritize funding eligibility for their services? Examples: passenger-only ferries, vehicle and passenger ferries, etc.
- To what extent should a ferry system’s connectivity to other public transportation services be considered in part of the evaluation criteria?
- How should FTA handle new ferry service vs. existing service with respect to funding prioritization?
- What other policy considerations should FTA consider?
In response to the establishment of MAP-21, FTA put together a wealth of material on its website, www.fta.dot.gov/map21, to help clarify new or changing programs. A list of frequently asked questions can be found there as well as past MAP-21 webinars, outreach opportunities, summaries, powerpoints and fact sheets.
PLEASE REGISTER TO GIVE US AN IDEA, COMMENT ON ANOTHER IDEA OR VOTE ON AN IDEA by clicking on the register link at the top right of the page or scrolling down to click on the submit a new idea button.
You can also chose to login using your Facebook, Gmail, Yahoo, Twitter, LinkedIn, or AOL account by selecting the log-in link at the top right of the page.
Once you have registered and logged in:
- Please review the Campaign Areas to the left or browse the ideas below.
- Pick the Campaign Area or idea of your choice and click on it. Then select the “Submit New Idea” Button to share an idea.
- Comment or vote on someone else’s idea.
- Encourage other transportation professionals to join the dialogue and share experiences
CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY
New questions and comments will be continually posted so please check back often and contribute.
Need assistance? For questions or problems joining this dialogue contact Vanessa.Williams@dot.gov